The comp card or "sedcard" is the business card of a model: You can find on it just a few well-choosen images representing the model accurately, along their most important data and contact information.
A comp card is the fastest way of knowing a model; all model agencies are using them, and are also an excellent tool for stylists and photographers when casting people for a project. If you're a model, you must have a comp card!
Create your comp card with Litmind
If you've signed up at Litmind, you can create your comp card online now, other users and agencies will be able to see it when visiting your profile, and you'll be able to share it in your networks and copy-paste it whenever you want it to be discovered.
Take your time to think on what photos to choose for your comp card, a good comp card can get you a job, but a badly thought one can discard you from a casting rightaway.
What photos do I choose for my composite?
- Choose at least one where your body silhouette can be clearly seen.
- Chosse at least another one where your face features can be easily seen.
- Do not choose photos where your body has been strongly reoutched.
- No selfies, no home-made photos and no bad quality photos in general.
- Try to choose a variety of photos: let them see different jobs, different styles and attitudes, this will greatly improve your comp card.
- Do not choose too similar photos.
- Do not use nude nor "spicy" photos, except if you're going to a casting for that kind of job.
Some golden hints to make your comp card succesful
- Fill all the fields in your Litmind profile about sizes and measures so your comp card is complete.
- If you don't have good photos to choose for your comp card, don't.
- Your Litmind comp card has its own web address. Copy and paste it in your social networks!
- If you're going to a casting for an specific job, modify your comp card to include photos resembling the ones that will be taken in the job. You're a lot more likely to be choosen if they can see you in photos that already resemble the ones they want.
- People viewing your comp card can contact you via Litmind, but if you get a Plus or Pro membership you'll be able to add you mail and your phone so people can contact you straightaway even if they're not members at Litmind.